View from the downstream bank.
This bridge was built in 1792 to replace the old river crossing at Tidford. It was originally a toll bridge (charge a halfpenny, hence the name) and the toll house can still be seen on the eastern part of the bridge. A little further up-stream is the Round House which marks the limit of the navigable Thames, this was built to provide accommodation for lock-keepers. It also marks the point where the Thames & Severn canal once joined the river.