No 128. Kew Bridge

Viewed from downstream on the Surrey foreshore.

Originally built to replace a ferry, there has been a bridge on this site since 1759.   The current bridge was opened 1903 by King Edward VII and was named after him,  however this fell out of use after a few years and it has since been known as Kew bridge.   On the south side of the bridge are the Royal Botanical Gardens , and the north bank is dominated by the water pressure tower at the Kew Museum of Steam Power.  

BACK