No 130. Twickenham Road Bridge

The road bridge was opened in 1933 as part of a major improvement scheme for several bridges to the west of London.   It was designed by Maxwell Ayrton as a three arch design and was the first large concrete bridge in Britain.   It was opened on 3 July 1933 by the Prince of Wales and was one of three that he opened that day.

BACK