This bridge crosses the lower part of the cut leading to Hurley Lock. The river at this point splits into several streams in order to pass several small islands or Eyots. The first mention of Hurley Lock seems to be in 1580 and a pound lock was built in 1773. Remains of the early winch gear which wound the boats up through the flash lock can still be seen upstream of the weir. Hurley Priory was built in the 11th Century by the lord of the manor Geoffrey De Mandeville and is believed to be on the site of an original church founded by St. Birinus in about 700AD.